THE TOURNAMENT: ITF WOMEN Central Coast Pro Tennis Open
From 09/25 to 10/01
Surface: Hard outdoor
Prize money: $ 60,000
Tournament location: Templeton Tennis Ranch – 345 Championship Lane, Templeton, CA, 93465, USA
How to get: The closest international airports are the one of Los Angeles and the one of Oakland, close to San Francisco. Both of them are at about 3 hrs driving from Templeton.
Entry list: Alison Van Uytvanck (Bel) – Viktorija Golubic (Sui) – Francoise Abanda (Can) – Naomi Broady (Usa) – Sofia Kenin (Usa) – Louisa Chirico (Usa) – Barbara Haas (Aut) – Sachia Vickery (Usa) – Jamie Loeb (Usa) – Grace Min (Usa)
THE TOWN: Templeton is a census-designated place (CDP) in San Luis Obispo County, California. It is located at 5 miles south Paso Robles and in 2010 its population was 7,674. Its climate his mediterranean with mild winters and dry summers. Templeton is emerging as a world class wine producer; with many of the wineries carrying the “Paso Robles” appellation actually located in the unincorporated Templeton area – including Castoro Cellars, Peachy Canyon, York Mountain, and Wild Horse.
BEST TOP 3 ATTRACTIONS IN SURROUNDINGS:
- Sequoia National Park (146 miles)
- Kings Canyon National Park (167 miles)
- Morro Bay (24,4 miles)
BEST PLACES TO STAY:
- Carlton Hotel. Located in Atascadero 5 minutes’ drive from Charles Paddock Zoo, this historic *** hotel, rated 9.3 on Booking, features an Italian-tiled courtyard with a fountain and an on-site gym. All the rooms feature a marble spa bath and provide tea and coffee making facilities and a fridge. Prices for a 35 mq2 king room start from 107$.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Paso Robles. This excellent *** hotel rated 9.0 on Booking is situated in Paso Robles close to the city’s wineries and vineyards. The Pioneer Museum is only 5.6 km away. It features a hot tub and an outdoor pool, the free WiFi and parking. Each room has a seating area and a tea/coffee maker. All are fitted with a cable TV and a work desk. A 40 mq2 queen room costs 149$ per night with good breakfast included.
- Carriage Vineyards Bed & Breakfast. Nestled on a 100-acre working ranch 32.2 km from Morro Bay, this exception bed & breakfast offers carriage rides through the vineyards. A gourmet breakfast is served daily. Free WiFi is included in all rooms. The private parking is free for guests. Prices? For a 39 mq2 king room with spa bath you will pay 195$ per night with excellent breakfast included.