THE TOURNAMENT: ITF WOMEN USTA Women’s Pro Circuit $25,000 Challenger
From 04/03 to 04/09
Prize money: $ 25,000
Surface: Clay outdoor
Tournament location: River Hills Club – 3600 Ridgewood Road , Jackson , MS, 39211, USA
How to get: Tennis club is far about 5,5 miles from downtown (10/11 minutes driving). From Union Station you could take 4B bus and about 45 minutes you will be at RH Club.
Past champions: 2016 Grace Min – 2015 Anhelina Kalinina – 2014 Ulrike Eikeri – 2013 Laura Siegemund – 2012 Heidi El Tabakh
Entry list: Elitsa Kostova (Bul) – Alla Kudryatseva (Rus) – Francoise Abanda (Can) – Barbara Haas (Aut) – Olga Govortsova (Blr) – Caroline Dolehide (Usa) – Fanni Stollar (Hun) – Elizabeth Halbauer (Usa) – Lauren Albanese (Usa) – Aleksandra Wozniak (Can)
THE TOWN: Jackson is the capital city and largest urban center of the U.S. state of Mississippi. It is on the Pearl River, which drains into the Gulf of Mexico, and it is part of the Jackson Prairie region of the state. The current slogan for the city is The City with Soul.It has had numerous musicians prominent in blues, gospel, folk and jazz, and was even mentioned in Mark Ronson’s 2014 hit song “Uptown Funk”, featuring Bruno Mars.
Lonely Planet writes: “Mississippi’s capital and largest city mixes up stately residential areas with large swathes of blight, peppered throughout with a surprisingly funky arts-cum-hipster scene in the Fondren District. There’s a slew of decent bars, good restaurants and a lot of love for live music; it’s easy to have a good time in Jackson.”
TOP 3 ATTRACTIONS IN JACKSON AND SURROUNDINGS:
- State Capitol
- LeFleur’s Bluff State Park
- Mississippi’s Children Museum
BEST PLACES TO STAY:
- Comfort Inn Jackson. Very good *** hotel rated 8.0 on Booking and situated at just 1 km from downtown. Guests will appreciate a seasonal outdoor pool, the business center, the free wireless high-speed internet access an parking, the free daily newspapers and coffee. A 28 mq2 king room costs 73,8$ per night.
- Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown. Located in Jackson downtown and rated 8.4 on Booking this beautiful *** hotel features an indoor heated pool and a hot tub. A 24-hour business center is available, laundry facilities and a convenience store are also on site. The hotel features 7,300-square-feet of meeting space. The price for an enourms queen room is 119$ per night with free WiFi connection.
- Jackson Marriott. Very central **** hotel rated 8.1 on Booking, this Marriott accomodation features a fully equipped fitness center, an outdoor pool overlooking downtown Jackson and The Bistro 200 restaurant which serves American cuisine and regional specialties in a Southern-style setting. WiFi is free in public areas. A king room costs about 200$ per night with free cancellation.
Please notice that a 11% tax is not included in the prices.