THE TOURNAMENT: ATP MASTERS 1000 + WTA PREMIER Bnp Paribas Open
From 03/06 to 03/19
Surface: Hard outdoor
Money prize: $ 7,913,405 + 6,993,450
Tournament location: The Indian Wells Tennis Garden – 78200 Miles Ave, Indian Wells, CA 92210, Stati Uniti
How to get: The city of Indian Wells is not far from a series of airports. Palm Springs International (PSP) is at 30 minutes drive. Los Angeles (LAX) 2 hours drive. Orange County (SNA) airport is 1,5 hrs drive.
Recent ATP past champions: 2016/2015/2014 Novak Djokovic – 2013 Rafa Nadal – 2012 Roger Federer – 2011 Novak Djokovic – 2010 Ivan Ljubicic – 2009 Rafa Nadal – 2008 Novak Djokovic – 2007 Rafa Nadal
Recent WTA past champions: 2016 Victoria Azarenka – 2015 Simona Halep – 2014 Flavia Pennetta – 2013 Maria Sharapova – 2012 Victoria Azarenka – 2011 Caroline Wozniaki – 2010 Jelena Jankovic – 2009 Vera Zvonareva – 2008 Ana Ivanovic – 2007 Daniela Hantuchova
Main ATP Players: Andy Murray (Gbr) – Novak Djokovic (Srb) – Milos Raonic (Can) – Stan Wawrinka (Sui) – Kei Nishikori (Jpn) – Gael Monfils (Fra) – Marin Cilic (Cro) – Dominic Thiem (Aut) – Rafa Nadal (Esp) – Roger Federer (Sui)
MainWTA players: Serena Williams (Usa) – Angelique Kerber (Ger) – Agnieszka Radwanska (Pol) – Simona Halep (Rou) – Karolina Pliskova (Cze) – Dominika Cibulkova (Svk) – Garbine Muguruza (Esp) – Madison Keys (Usa) – Johanna Konta (Gbr) – Svetlana Kuznetsova (Rus)
THE TOWN: Indian Wells is a small town of California of just 4000 inhabitants which is universally known a world-class vacation and conference destination. Golfers love its two award-winning golf courses, while spa-enthusiasts adore its full-service spa facilities. Indian Wells tennis is also our claim to fame at the expansive Indian Wells Tennis Garden. Conveniently located near the legendary playground of Palm Springs, California, the desert oasis of Indian Wells is an ideal starting point from which to explore the great wealth of surrounding sights (which includes for example Santa Rosa and San Jacinto Mountains National Monument), recreational activities and cultural events when attending the BNP Paribas Open.
TOP 3 ATTRACTIONS NEARBY INDIAN WELLS:
- Joshua Tree National Park
- Palm Springs Aerial Tramway
- Santa Rosa and San Jacinto Mountains National Monument
BEST PLACES TO STAY:
- Indian Wells Resort Hotel. Very good *** hotel founded in 1957 by celebrity couple Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz. It features free wifi and parking, an outdoor pool and the mediterranean restaurant Loren. The prices for rooms with balcony or patio start from 204$ per night with good breakfast included.
- Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa. Excellent **** hotel rated 8.8 on Booking and located just 2 miles from tennis courts. It features a private golf course, full-service spa, an outdoor pool and 7 dining options. A deluxe 39 mq2 king room costs $295 per night ($389 with breakfast). Wifi and parking are available with additional charges.
- JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort. Faboulous ***** hotel at just 4,4 km from Indian Wells, this resort’s amenities include 2 championship golf courses, and a complex of 5 pools, clay and grass tennis courts, a fitness center, an extensive spa and two fantastic restaurants. The prices for luxuriously furnished rooms including LCD TVs and marble bathrooms start from 449$ per night with breakfast included. Free wifi is available just in public areas.
Please notice that prices don’t include a 12/13% federal tax + about 30$ of local taxes.
Enjoy this 1st class event!!!!