THE TOURNAMENT: ITF WOMEN 2017 Daytona Beach $ 25,000 Women
From 01/09 to 01/15
Money prize: $ 25,000
Surface: Clay Outdoor
Location: Florida Tennis Center – 1 Deuce Court Suite 200, Daytona Beach , 32124, USA
How to get: Florida TC is far just 11,3 miles from downtown, that is an Uber ride of about 20 minutes. Daytona Beach Intl Airport is situated at just 7,7 from tennis courts.
Previous Winners: 2016 Ons Jabeur – 2015 Daria Kasaktina – 2014 Anna Tatishvili
Main Seeded Players: Teliana Pereira (Bra) – Sofia Kenin (Usa) – Alizé Lim (Fra) – An Sophie Mestach (Bel) – Jesika Maleckova (Cze) – Viktoria Kuzmova (Rus) – Anna Karolina Schmiedlova (Svk) – Kristie Ahn (Usa) – Michelle Larcher de Brito (Por) – Robin Anderson (Usa)
THE TOWN: Daytona Beach is a city in Volusia County, Florida, United States. It lies about 51 miles (82.1 km) northeast of Orlando and 242 miles (389.5 km) northwest of Miami. With a population of 61,000, the city is historically known for its beach where the hard-packed sand allows motorized vehicles to drive on the beach in restricted areas. This made Daytona Beach a mecca for motorsports, and the old Daytona Beach Road Course hosted races for over 50 years. This was replaced in 1959 by Daytona International Speedway. Lonely Planet invites to discover other sides too of Daytona Beach: “Anything but a wallflower, Daytona Beach draws a good-time crowd: it hosts one of the last spring breaks on the Atlantic Coast (tamer now than during its halcyon days); its population quintuples during Speed Weeks; and as many as half a million bikers roar into town for Bike Week in March and Biketoberfest in October. If balmy beer-soaked days and nights of motor-racing, motorcycles and the men who love them are your thing, you might have found your heaven on earth. If not, move on.If you can see past the garish beachside barricade of 70s high-rise blocks, nightclubs and tourist traps (if not quite literally), you might witness the phenomena of nesting sea turtles (in season) or explore a handful of interesting and worthwhile cultural attractions.”
TOP 3 ATTRACTIONS IN DAYTONA BEACH:
- Daytona International Speedway
- The Beach of Daytona Beach
- Beach Street
BEST PLACES TO STAY:
- Sun Viking Lodge Dayton Beach. Very good ** hotel located directly on Daytona Beach and 12,9 km from International Airport. This modern accomodation provides a baby pool, gym, sauna, children playground, free wifi and parking. Rated 8.4 on Booking it offers very comfortable king rooms from 76$ per night.
- Hampton Inn Daytona Beach Beachfront. Superb *** hotel, rated 9.3 on Booking, which is located close to Ocean Center and Ocean Walk Shops. This hotel features outdoor and indoor pool. A modern designed king room costs 109$ per night with breakfast, wifi and public parking included.
- Hilton Daytona Beach Resort/ Ocean Walk Village. Amazing **** family friendly hotel directly located on beachfront, featuring two outdoor pools, a gourmet restaurant, a children game area and a spa. Rated 8.2 on Booking, it offers queen room with ocean view at 124$ per night free cancellation included. Wifi and parking are free for customers too.