THE TOURNAMENT: ATP CHALLENGER MEN’S TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIP
Date: From 31/10 to 06/11
Money prize: $ 50,000
Category: ATP challenger
Surface: Hard Outdoor
Tournament Location: The Boar’s Head Sports Club – 200 Wllington Drive Charlottesville, VA 22903
How to Get: Charlottesville-Albermale Airport is far just 10 miles from torunament locations. Alternate airports are are Richmond International (83 miles) and Dulles International (103 miles).
Past Winners: 2015 Noah Rubin – 2014 James Duckworth – 2013 Michael Russell – 2012 Denis Kudla
Top Seeded Players: Francis Tiafoe (Usa) – Bjorn Fratangelo (Usa) – Jared Donaldson (Usa) – Dennis Novikov (Usa) – Tommy Paul (Usa) – Henry Laaksonen (Sui) – Denis Kudla (Usa) – Peter Polansky (Can) – Noah Rubin (Usa) – Michael Mmoh (Usa)
Charlottesville is an independent city in the Commonwealth of Virginia. As of 2015, the population was 48,210. Charlottesville hosted two important Presidents, Thomas Jefferson and James Monroe. The University of Virginia, one of the original Public Ivies, straddles the city’s southwestern border with Albemarle. Monticello, located on a hilltop overlooking Charlottesville, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Located and attracts thousands of tourists each year. Lonely Planet writes: “Set in the shadow of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Charlottesville is regularly ranked as one of the country’s best places to live. This culturally rich town of 45,000 is home to the University of Virginia (UVA), which attracts Southern aristocracy and artsy lefties in equal proportion. With the UVA grounds and pedestrian downtown area overflowing with students, couples, professors and the occasional celebrity under a blanket of blue skies, ‘C-ville’ is practically perfect. Charlottesville Visitor Center is a helpful office in the heart of downtown.”
TOP 3 THINGS TO SEE IN CHARLOTTESVILLE:
- Jefferson Monticello
- Saunders-Monticello Trail
- Mulberry Row at Monticello
BEST PLACES TO STAY:
- Hampton Inn Charlottesville. Wonderful *** hotel conveniently located in Seminole Square Shopping Center. The hotel features an outdoor pool and complimentary daily breakfast. This accomodation has been rated 9 on Booking. A wonderful double queen room costs just 116€ per night with breakfast and free wifi. Great value for money!
- The Cavalier Inn. Delicious *** hotel which is located at just 2.7 miles from tennis site. This simple hotel is the official accomodation of tennis players. A wide double room of 37 mq2 cost 107€ with free breakfast buffet, wifi and parking.
- The Clifton Inn. Superb ***** hotel featuring a seasonal outdoor pool, terrace, and a delicious on site restaurant. Rated 9.1 on Booking offers luxury rooms of 36 mq2 at 144€ with breakfast, free wi-fi and parking included.
Please notice that 11.5% tax is not included in the prices.