THE TOURNAMENT: Challenger Banque Nationale de Saguenay
Date: From 17/10 to 23/10
Money prize: $ 50,000
Category: ITF Women
Surface: Hard Indoor
Tournament Location: Club de Tennis Intérieur Saguenay – 2680, boul. du Saguenay, C.P. 1455 Jonquière , Saguenay , Quebec, G7S 4L1, Canada
General information: The Club is far about 5 km from city centre. Please notice that entry is free during Saturday and Sunday for qualies and Monday and Tuesday for main draw matches.
Recent past winners: 2015 Jovana Jaksic – 2014 Julie Coin – 2013 Ons Jabeur – 2012 Madison Keys – 2011 Timea Babos
Top Seeded Players: Jennifer Brady (Usa) – Catherine Bellis (Usa) – Grace Min (Usa) – Sachia Vickery (Usa) – Jessica Pegula (Usa) – Jovana Jaksic (Srb) -Francoise Abanda (Can) – Mayo Hibi (Jpn) – Lauren Albanese (Usa) – Anna Zaja (Ger)
TOP THREE ATTRACTIONS IN SAGUENAY:
- Fjord National Park
- Le Pulperie de Chicoutimi
- Parc et promenade de la Riviere-aux-sables
BEST PLACES TO STAY:
- Hotel du Fjord. Excellent *** hotel situated in downtown Chicoutimi and rated 8.6 on Booking. A comfortable double room with balcony costs just 76€ per night continental breakfast buffet, wifi and parking included.
- Centre de Congres et Hotel La Sagueneenne. Very good **** hotel which is located in the heart of Saguenay. Rated 8.2 on booking, it is considered the best valued money solution in the town. Price for a 30 mq2 double room is 67€ per night. Wifi and parking are available for free.
- Chateau Murdock Gite. Wonderful **** bed & breakfast at just 10 minutes walking from the main street. Guests can enjoy a seasonal pool and a children playground. Rated 9.4 on Booking, this b&b offers unique decorated suites at 129€ with a local 3-course breakfast. Free wifi and parking are included in room price.
Please notice that are not included in the prices showed: 14.97 % TAX, CAD 3.00 City tax per night.