THE TOURNAMENT: WTA INTERNATIONAL COUPE BANQUE NATIONALE
Date: From 12/9 to 18/9
Money prize: $ 250,000
Surface: Carpet Outdoor
Tournament Location: Pavillon de l’Éducation physique et des sports – 2300 Rue de la Terrasse – Université Laval, Quebec, QC G1V 0A6, Canada
General information: Université Laval’s Sports and Physical Education Pavilion (PEPS) is far about 11 km from Jean Lesage International Airport and just 5 km from gare de train de Sainte-Foy. PEPS has numerous parking lots, either inside or outside. During the tournament, the PEPS’ indoor parking has a fixed day rate.
Recent Past Winners: 2015 Annika Beck – 2014 Mirjana Lucic Baroni – 2013 Lucie Safarova – 2012 Kirsten Flipkens 2011 Barbora Strycova
Top 10 Players: Eugenie Bouchard (Can) – Annika Beck (Ger) – Timea Babos (Pol) – Anna-Lena Friedsam (Ger) – Mirjana Lucic-Baroni (Cro) – Monica Niculescu (Rou) – Julia Goerges (Ger) – Mona Barthel (Ger) – Naomi Broady (Gbr) – Samantha Crawford (Usa)
Capital of the province of Quebec, the town is the second largest French speaking city in Canada after Montreal. Founded in 1608, Quebec City is one of the oldest cities in North America. The rampants surrounding Old Quebec were declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1985 as the ‘Historic District of Old Québec’. For Lonely Planet “Montréal may have more media connections, commercial activity and global cachet, but Québec City has something else: the soul of the province, and the fiercer grip on French Canadian identity. It also happens to be one of North America’s oldest and most magnificent settlements. Its picturesque Old Town is a Unesco World Heritage site, a living museum of narrow cobblestone streets, 17th- and 18th-century houses and soaring church spires, with the splendid Château Frontenac towering above it all. Even with a T-shirt shop on half the corners, there’s more than a glimmer of Old Europe in its classic bistros, sidewalk cafes and manicured squares“.
TOP THREE THINGS TO SEE IN QUEBEC CITY:
- Old Quebec
- Terrasse Dufferin and Hotel Le Chateau Frontenac
- Parc de la Chute-Montmorency
BEST PLACES TO STAY:
- Hotel Universel. *** hotel just a few steps from tournament location. Ideal for tennis lovers. Prices from 75€ without breakfast.
- L’Arvidienne Couette et Cafè. Delicious **** boutique b&b just 1km from Battlefields park. Rated 9.2 on booking. Free parking and superb breakfast included. Queen Room from 114€.
- Hotel le Priori. Amazing **** hotel located 2 minutes walking from Old Town. Rated 9.4 on Booking. Prices from 164€ for a 22 mq2 double room with breakfast included.
Please notice that prices showed not include 14.97% + 3% taxes.