THE TOURNAMENT: Itf Allianz Cup
Date: From 05/9 to 11/9
Money prize: $ 25,000
Surface: Clay – Outdoor
Tennis Club: Levski Sofia Tennis Club – Borissova Gradina, 1164 Sofia
How to arrive: Tennis club is quite centrally located (about 2 km from Old Town) and is far from Airport 10 km (15 minutes by car or taxi).
Recent Past Winners: 2015 Elena Bogdan (Rou) – 2014 Andreea Mitu (Rou) – 2013 Patricia Mayr (Aut) – 2012 Andreea Mitu (Rou)
Top Seeded Players: Isabela Shinikova (Bul) – Victoriya Tomova (Bul) – Paula Badosa Gibert (Esp) – Valentini Grammatikopoulou (Gre) – Tereza Mredeza (Cro) – Jasmine Paolini (Ita) – Jessica Pieri (Ita)
TOP 3 PLACES TO SEE IN SOFIA:
- ALEKSANDR NEVSKIJ CATEDRAL
- STONE RIVER (VITOSHA NATIONAL PARK)
- BOYANA WATERFALL (VITOSHA NATIONAL PARK)
BEST PLACES TO STAY:
- Budapest Hotel. *** hotel just 5 minutes from central station – Rated 8.8 on Booking. Prices from 49€ to 59€ (depending if breakfast included or not) for a 18mq2 standard double room.
- Best Western Premier Thracia Hotel. **** superb hotel – Directly located in Sofia’s city cenre. Rated 9.00 on Booking. Prices from 85€ to 99€ with breakfast always included.
- Grand Hotel Sofia. Wonderful ***** luxury hotel in the heart of Sofia and 22 minutes walking from Sofia Tennis Club. Rated 9.1 on Booking offers an executive double room of 60 mq2 from 193€ to 211€. Breakfast cost 16€ more but you will receive for free a one way airport transfer.