From 1st to 7th August it will return in Liberec a new edition of traditional Svijany Open, which, with a 42,500$ money prize, it’s one of the most important tennis event of Czech Republic. Liberec is a little beautiful town far just 109 km from Prague and 150 km from Dresden and could be a right idea for a one day excursion from one of this two cities. During morning you could be on clay courts following tennis action live, afternoon and evening you could discover the unknown beauties of this town.
The entry list of the tournament sees sa possible protagonists rumenian Radu Albot, local star Adam Pavlasek, japanese Taro Daniel, serbian Filip Krajinovic and spanish Jordi Samper Montana, often very competitive on clay courts. Possible outsider is the former 28th atp ranked colombian Santiago Giraldo who, after a very negative period, would like to improve his ranking.
Liberecky Tenisovy Klub is located less than two km from city center that is about 20 minutes walking. If hungry at the club there is a restaurant too, where you can eat something good.
LIBEREC TOP THINGS TO SEE:
- JESTED TV TOWER – This unique structure (height is 93m) on the top of Mount Ještěd is considered the dominating feature of Liberec and the region. There is a funicular to the top of Mount Ještěd.The covered gallery on the ground floor is open to the public. Other spectacular views of the area are offered from the restaurant or the café on the first floor. On higher floors there is an hotel.
- LIBEREC TOWN HALL – It’s the symbol of this Czech town, well known for its similarity to Vienna Town Hall. During summer is opened every day from 9:00 to 15:00 except on Saturday from 9:00 to 11:00. Closed on Sunday. Full entrance fee is 70,00 CZK reduced at 35,00 CZK for children under 15 years.
- IQLANDIA – The ultramodern science centre with 3D planetarium, interactive exhibitions and hundreds of original exhibits which involves the whole family. You can meet the talking humanoid robot, experience authentic astronaut training, simulation of windstorm or earthquake, you can travel to the bowels of our planet and a lot of other interactive exhibits from astronomy, nanotechnology, physics, chemistry or technology. Full ticket costs 9€ for adults and 5,5€ for children over 3 years and disabled. Click here for more info on Iqlandia Official Site.
- JESTED HOTEL. This 3 stars hotel is very difficult to book because it’s very requested by tourists for its unique architectural structure and amazing location on the top of Mount Jested. There are three kinds of room: economy (16 mq2 rate from 56€ per day), standard (20 mq2 from 96€ per day) and suite (40 mq2 from 133€ per day). The design of the standard rooms and suites is incredibly futuristic. The prices include always buffet breakfast, wi-fi and free parking.
- CLARION GRANDHOTEL ZLATY LEV. This beautiful hotel, a few steps from the castle of Liberec, is located in a historic building in the historic center and is privileged to mix historic charm with modern design of its rooms. There are various different types of room but already with standard one you have good spaced rooms (20 mq2) with wi-fi and breakfast included. Rate starts from 86€ per day. If you need some space more and a little living area you could choose the Deluxe Room for just 10€ daily more than the standard one.
- PYTLOUN DESIGN HOTEL. Nice boutique hotel in a calm zone of Liberec not far from city center, the Pytloun Design Hotel get an incredible value for money. A superior room costs just 58€ per day with breakfast and wifi included. The room is already large 20 mq2 but if you need more space and a Jacuzzi in the room you could book a Deluxe room adding 6€. The hotel is an intersting solution for families too because there is a beatiful garden with a fantastic playground for children just behind the hotel. Free parking area and an international restaurant ore other important services that the Hotel offer to its customers.
ADDRESS LTK LIBEREC:
Fibichova 929 – 460 01, Liberec – Czech Republic