From 31st July to 5th August in Florianópolis there will be the 4th edition of Wta Brasil Tennis Cup with a 226,750$ money prize. After winning 2015 edition the hostess Teliana Pereira come back with the desire to confirm as tournament champion. But many are the players who will attack her leadership, coming especially from Europe like rumenian Irina Camila Begu, latvnian Elena Ostapenko, french Caroline Garcia and germans Laura Siegemund and Annika Beck.
Florianópolis is a town of the Southern Brasil, capital of Santa Caterina state. It’s known especially for having a high quality of life and infact it has been defined by brasilian magazine Veja “the best place in Brasil where to live”. It is visited every year by thousands of tourists for its wonderful beaches, its incredibile sea food and its high waves…infact Florianópolis is a real surfing mecca.
Tournament will take place as usual on hard courts of Federação Catarinense de Tênis, far just 16 km from Luz International Airport. The town is connected to most important brasilian cities and with many other foreign towns (usually with a stop in Sao Paulo). Look at the best flights at better prices on skyscanner.
What to see in Florianópolis:
- DUNES – As permanent preservation areas dunes are, without doubt, one of the biggest tourist attractions. It’s impossible for everyone not to be charmed by its burning sands which protect the advance of the sea.
- CONCEIÇÃO LAGOON – In the center of Santa Caterina Island, close to beaches, dunes and mountains, this lagoon is the best natural spot in Florianópolis. Paradise of sports like windsurf, kite-surf, kayak and sail, the lagoon is also a fantastic place for night life full of trendy bars and fine restaurants.
- CAMPECHE ISLAND – Campeche Island (Ilha do Campeche) is one of the top attractions for ecotourism and adventure travel in Florianópolis. Easy to reach from Florianópolis (5 minutes by boat from Praia do Campeche), the island listed as an Archaeological and Landscape Heritage Site by IPHAN (Brazil’s National Historical and Artistic Heritage Institute) is open to controlled visitation.
Being a tourist town, Florianópolis has several accomodations for different types of tourists. The medium price of the hotel is quite good so there is the possibility to book hotels with a very intersting value for money. Enter here for a full list of possible solutions.
- BUDGET ACCOMODATIONS: Pousada Porto do Avoredo. Just 50 metres from Praia dos Ingleses beach, this solution offers 36 mq2 flat with cable TV, refrigerator, air-conditioned and fully equipped kitchen. Rate starts from 36€ per day including breakfast buffet, free wi-fi and access to the outdoor pool.
- COMFORTABLE ACCOMODATIONS: Costa Norte Ingleses Hotel. Just located outside Praia dos Ingleses, this beuatiful hotel is Nr.1 in Florianópolis for Tripadvisor’s users. Suggested for beach lovers is quite far from city center, in this hotel there is a delicious restaurant (with special menus for kids), an indoor pool and soccer and tennis courts. Rooms are spacious, very well furnished and equipped. Daily rate, for a double room, starts from 74€ with breakfast and free wi-included.
- LUXURY ACCOMODATIONS: Majestic Palace Hotel. Directly located on Baia Norte, in the heart of Florianópolis, this 5 stars hotel get wonderful rooms of 24mq2 with every comforts. Ask for a Luxury Rooms if you want a wide glass window with a fantastic view on the Baia Norte. Prices? 85€ for a standard room, 89€ for a luxury room always with breakfast and wi-fi included. With half board included, prices for standard room will start from 126€ for night, prices for luxury ones will start from 143€.
For further info about tournament and tourism:
Tournament location is at
Federação Catarinense de Tênis
Av. Governador Irineu Bornhausen, S/N – CEP: 88025-200 – Florianopolis/SC